Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bell Anac number 613-958-2622 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam173

Technical User
Jan 3, 2005
CA
It's been couple weeks that the anac number seem to have been changed. Any one know the new number?

much appreciated ironhorse17

I am looking for an ANAC for GTA Toronto that is good on Local Link lines, normal ANAC's always read back the main number instead of the actual # on these local link lines.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Curlycord,

You can try the 2580 # (just substitute your area code).

2622 used to work in the 416/905 as well until a few weeks ago, so I would assume that Bell has changed the numbers system-wide.

I don't have any Bell POTS lines near me to test, but if that is the new Bell ANAC it should give you the real circuit #, unlike MCI which just reads back the caller-id.

Try 310-3789 will give you main # only, roll overs will give main #.

Curlycord,

2262 is a pretty common ANAC suffix... spell it out...

I had a facepalm moment when I finally figured that one out myself.

Was as you mentioned,it was in use for about 10-12 years or so. I remember it replaced those old 977 ANAC numbers.

XXX-958-2580 is the one to use now and confirmed today (in Sarina 519) that it reads the actual # for Local Links too.

MCI ANAC number 1-800-444-4444 (Option 2 I think it was) works up here too but not confirmed with Local Link lines.

Some others in my notes
No Area code - 555-0311
311 (Rogers?)
888-TESTBRI (888 Discontinued)it's now local 416-981-0001 - offers ring back.
Verizon: XXX-958-1114

And while were at it...
Who is the LD carrier:
1 700 555-4141

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

the new Anac 2580 does work curlycord, I don't have a rollover over to test in in the short term but should also work. AT&T for us is 688.0311, I beleive for Rogers 5550311 & Ironhorse71 is correct for the main number on the 310.3789

I noticed the change couple of weeks ago as well

With the deregulation, this number should be available to the telecom industry at large. I'm sure the CRTC would have a ruling on this. How else are we to do our work. Can't always rely on those binding post tags to be accurate, lol

Cybershoe
2262 is a pretty common ANAC suffix... spell it out..

dyslexia strikes again

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Telecommunication Technology Services

Test BRI use to work up in the 613 area, it's been a while it stopped working. 2580 rules now

I am lesdyxic of Borg. Resemblance is feudal. Your ass will be laminated.

just finished installing a used CICS with 7 phones on 5 lines and the new ANAC worked well, just have to re-programming it in mylittle brain, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back