Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Belkin Flip DVI-D KVM Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

user127

Technical User
Oct 8, 2005
GB
Hi All,

I'm trying to run a PC and a Mac Mini through the same Apple Cinema display (20", 1680x1050 resolution), apple USB mouse and Keyboard. I've recently bought a Belkin Switch2 for Mac Mini, which I was enraged to discover didn't support the Apple display. Since then I've found another product from Belkin, called "Flip DVI-D KVM Switch" The only issue is I can't find this anywhere in UK stores....does anyone know where I may find this device?

Thanks in advance.

A word of warning - judging from the reviews and comments I've seen on this product (example) you may be disappointed with it. The reviewer (in the US) purchased it from Dell's online store so you might want to try the UK equivalent before working through Belkin's list of online UK retailers

TazUk

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
Martin Golding

Now that's one hell of a negative review!

[navy]When I married "Miss Right" I didn't realise her first name was 'always'. LOL[/navy]

Well I'm gobsmacked..... Belkin have certainly taken a wrong turn somewhere: I thought they were a brand I could trust. Like the review says, it's a great product concept and a no-brainer seeing as the alternatives are pretty much non existent. Well I'm so glad I posted before proceeding, I culd have wasted my money on this one.

I think I'll wait another six months to see what else comes out, or for whether Belkin can sort the product out and get their act together.

Thanks for your help.

For every con there's a pro. I've been running a Belkin wireless router and network adapter cards for years with hardly any problems. It's the only company I know of where I can still call at NO CHARGE and speak to a technician to help me resolve any issues. I called last week on a simple question & had my answer in minutes.
Tech Support No. in Europe is: 00 800 223 55 460

Hope this is a help.

Bob B-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back