Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Belkin 54g Wireless PCMCIA to Win2k Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiseowl

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
GB

Help! I have some Win98 laptops connected wirelessly to a 54mb Belkin AP using Belkin 54g PCMCIA card. I can't log on to the fileserver from a 'cold boot'

If I cancel the log on dialog box on Win98, arrive at the Windows desktop and log off, I can then log on to the fileserver as normal. TCP/IP on all laptops is set manually. All link lights are as expected. I have tried using both .11b and 54g modes but no luck.

There appears to be no new firmware etc even though I have no DHCP server options on the AP.

Any help appreciated!

Jamie Wilson

Go to &quot;Network Properties&quot; on the windows 98 machine - there's an option &quot;Primary Network Logon&quot; - make sure this is &quot;Client for Microsoft Networks&quot; <marc>[ul]help us help![li]please give us feedback on what works / doesn't[/li][li]not sure where to start? click here: faq581-3339[/li][/sup][/ul][/sup]

Yep, done that! Like I said, perfoming no logon, then logging off and logging on again works.

At first i thought the card wasn't picking up an IP address for the laptop. But now that is set manually, I'm stuck!

This is a firmware issue.

You just have to wait for a new release.

Sorry.

:(

Okay, thanks. I'll keep checking for firmware.

Belkin tech. support told me that the problem is because the card isn't getting it's config before windows starts. Well, I figured that one! He suggested using the 'Net Use' command in autoexec.bat. Can't seem to get anything working with the net command tho.

Thanks again,

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back