Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Being asked for logon and password

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyinoz

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2002
GB
Hi all,

We are currently using Crystal Reports 9 and ePortfolio Lite, along with SQL Server 2000.
We are accessing the SQL Server by using an OLE DB(ADO) link.

Our problem is that everytime we execute the report we are asked for a login name and password.
Is there anyway to set a login name and password so that this stage is bypassed?

Thanks in advance,

Woody

Hi there,

As far as I'm aware there is no way to set the username and password to the database in crystal itself. You can do this in Enterprise but not in Crystal.

The only real way around this is to use a trusted connection, but all that saves you doing is entering the username and password but that really depends on how the database is set up.

Not sure if anything else can be done outside of Crystal but I'm sure someone will say if there is a way.

Thanks

Steve

Anything? We're still in the same position.....

I've just run into this one as well. Is there no way around this issue?

Hi,
As far as I know,No,Unless you publish the report ( using BOE or Crystal Server) it will prompt for the database info..( It is a seen as a security feature, otherwise you could not limit access to that data)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I've found a kind of workaround without use of a trusted connection. I am on Enterprise 8; I have set up a login on SQL Server specifically for it to use. Once the report is published, go into the database tab and enter the login information for the Enterprise user. When a user runs the report, all the login information is automatically passed and no login prompt shows. Being that the Enterprise user is only used for reporting, it can be restricted down to the bare minimum of permissions. You can even still use the OLEDB driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back