Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginng and Ending balance in GL Trail Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendasql

Programmer
Apr 1, 2003
US
Can someone tell me where the beginning and ending balances come from that are display in the GL Trail Balance report. I am trying to create a short version of this report that can be pulled using Crystal as a daily Cash Report. I have located my journal entries, but I am totally lost trying to figure out how to retrieve these balances. Does anyone know what table would hold this information?
Thanks!
Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Most GP reports, like the G/L Trial Balance, obtain their underlying data from a temporary table that is created upon running the report and which is destroyed after the report is complete. You cannot easily access things like the beginning balance field in a typical trial balance report as the table does not exist anywhere. To convert this to Crystal, you will have to take care of those calculations yourself during the running of the report. :-(

If you are proficient with SQL, you may be able to find the underlying stored procedures that are kicked off during report creation and use those to populate your new report. Hopefully, someone with more experience in that area will chime in with some more detailed information for you.

Lyle

Thanks Lyle! It is not the greatest news but it definitely points me in the right directions.

That's true you definitely need to do some calculations or roll-up in Crystal. Here's what might help, look at GL10111. This table shows summary of each account so in Crystal you can put a parameter where the user enter a data range or a period/year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back