Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginner's question : Display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGhost

Programmer
Jul 7, 2000
US
I've got an applet which takes a lot of place (more than two screens)on a web page. Problem is, when you scroll downward the re-display does'nt work properly (it shows a blank space instead of the upper part of the applet).<br>Is it because I'm using the old java.awt.api ?<br><br>PS:Sorry if the question has already been adressed, but the search function is down

when you scroll back up, the repaint() method gets called automatically, which invokes paint(). If you're doing something outside of that, then it's not going to get refreshed. Good luck :eek:) <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

Done. It's a little better now (when you scroll now there's always something displayed - it was not the case before).<br>But it's still far from perfect.<br>Maybe it's because I have a huge number of buttons (more than 500) ?

why so many buttons? <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>

I'm still working on my applet which lists directories...<br>And this is one hell of a huge HD...<br>But the problem is not the number of buttons though (tried with a 3-files directories and my 200x400 applet window was only partially displayed when I scrolled).<br>

You know you could use a JTree, which is lightweight I think. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>

Mmm not a good idea when you need to display 500+ files :)

&gt; I've got an applet which takes a lot of place (more than two screens)on a web page. <br><br>That is problem number one (1)<br><br>&gt; I have a huge number of buttons (more than 500)<br><br>That is problem number two (2)<br><br>If you are not trying to find solutions to those two problems then you are fighting the wrong battle.<br><br>&quot;But, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong&quot;.<br>-pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back