Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginner's introduction to Oracle 8 book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

Programmer
Jun 16, 1999
CA
I'd like to get familiar with the basics of Oracle 8 and was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good introductory book?<br>
<br>
TIA

Are you already familiar with RDBMS concepts and SQL? This will determine how introductory the book has to be.<br>
<br>
For third party books, you might try Oracle8: A Beginners Guide or Oracle8: The Complete Reference (horribly misnamed!). Both are from Oracle Press.<br>
<br>
If you are already familiar with RDBMS in general, I recommend the Server Concepts Guide that comes as part of the Oracle documentation suite.

Reasonably familiar with RDBMS and SQL. Thanks for the help!

Another book that I have found to be helpful as far as understanding the basic fundamentals of ORACLE is one called ORACLE Essentials (for Oracle 8 & Oracle8i). This is by Rick Greenwald, Robert Stackowiak & Jonathan Stern.. published by O'Reilly. I'm just now enrolled in the class at our community college and we'll see what we end up learning :) Have fun.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back