Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

EKC

Technical User
Jan 13, 2001
CA
Hi ,
Can someone tell me why my .exe program doesn't work if I save it in location other then location of project.When I build .exe and save it in the same location as project file it works fine.When I save it in another location,after I run it I get Open File box to locate table I used.
Thanks,
Lyn

When you compile and build your project not all the files are included in the executable file. You can see that in the Project Menu| Project Information, or somewhat like that. My Vfp is in Spanish. Also you can right click one of the Project Items like a Form o Report en Select the "Include " item of the short cut menu.

Anyway, the database files are not included in the project the most of the times, because as you know, they're dynamic files.

What you have to do is to be very carefull when you use file paths in your code. Set everything to work in the current path of the executable file.

All the file you do not include in the build process must be distribuited with your application.

Edwin Dalorzo
edalorzo@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back