Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginner Question -- Location of Logo Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrissyLoetz

Technical User
Oct 4, 2005
US
Hi there...I am using Sharepoint on a virtual machine. Sharepoint advises you to place your site logo in a folder called /_layouts/1033/. Someone told me the actual file path is c$\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\1033\. I have placed my logo(JPG file) there, but the site is showing a broken image. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

IIRC there's an IMAGES directory within that. But there's another easy way: just upload the image file to a picture library, then point the web part at that URL.

Thank you. I haven't advanced to working with web parts yet. If possible I'd really like to make this work from Site Settings > Change Portal Site Properties. I've placed the file here: "c$\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\1033\IMAGES\logo.jpg" and on the "Change Portal Site Properties..." page I specified this path: "/_layouts/1033/images/logo.jpg." Having the same experience with my style sheet. Sharepoin't isn't recognizing either file.

Hi again. When I did the same thing with a GIF, it worked. Guess Sharepoint doesn't like JPGs. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back