Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginner needs help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bourberra

Technical User
Jun 19, 2002
US
Being I am new to Flash, I have a general question that I might find there is a simple answer. I'm hoping to create a menu style interface to include four buttons that would navigate through four different scenes. ?? When I originally created separate scenes with buttons and actions to 'go to and play' different scenes... it does navigate through the scenes, but fails to play the animation in my scene. Also, when I published the movie it continually plays scene by scene by itself. Do you know why this may be? Is there an easier way to accomplish this task or am I on the right track? Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated!

try using goto and stop so the movie stops where you want it to

and for safety, put a stop() command on the first frame of every scene.

Thanks for your help. Now that I have accomplished this task, I have stumbled upon a new glitch. I have my four buttons in place, each heading to a different scene when clicked, but if I click the same button twice in a row it will first advance to the next scene on the first click and then back to the previous scene on the second click, therefore not necessarily always going to the 'right' page when clicked upon. Any suggestions for curing this problem too? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back