Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Begineers need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mktan78

MIS
Dec 7, 2000
MY
Here's my problem when I tried to access my database the screen will show something like this:
Error Diagnostic Information
ODBC Error Code = 37000 (Syntax error or access violation)

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Error converting data type varchar to numeric.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFQUERY), occupying document position (53:1) to (53:27).

Anyone can help me ?? One more question any idea how to create a planner using coldfusion ???

There might be an error in a parametre of your query.
Check it.

usually it comes from misquoting
a numeric is passed like this #num#
a string like this "#num#"
or post the code (for the query) if you don't find by yourself

Thanx for the reply but try to locate the mistake but failed!!
Here's the line:
<cfquery datasource=&quot;REMS&quot;>

INSERT INTO REMS_pat(pat_ref_yr, pat_date_d, pat_date_m, pat_date_y, pat_newspaper, datea_d,pat_datea_m,pat_datea_y, pat_time, pat_venue, pat_tnum, pat_lnum, pat_dis,pat_state, pat_country,pat_tenure, pat_la, pat_anr, pat_rown, pat_rii, pat_enc, pat_lad, pat_pricer,pat_ai)

VALUES ('#ref_year#', '#pat_date_d#', '#pat_date_m#',
'#pat_date_y#', '#pat_newspaper#','#pat_datea_d#',
'#pat_datea_m#', '#pat_datea_y#', '#pat_time#',
'#pat_venue#', '#pat_tnum#', '#pat_lnum#',
'#pat_dis#', '#pat_state#', '#pat_country#',
'#pat_tenure#', '#pat_la#',
CONVERT (MONEY, '#pat_anr#'), '#pat_rown#',
'#pat_rii#','#pat_enc#','#pat_lad#', '#pat_pricer#', '#pat_ai#')
</cfquery>

One more question how to combine the date between the day, month and year when in the database it's only one attribute! Do I need to split them up into three ??

maybe
CONVERT (MONEY, #pat_anr#)
(without the '')

else, try adding the debugs (in the cf admin) to see the query with 'real values' in it - often it helps

you've got day month & year and want a complete date ? <cfset the_date=#CreateDate(&quot;#year#&quot;, &quot;#month#&quot;, &quot;#day#&quot;)#>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back