Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEFW11S4 V1 wlan led off... No broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcat50

Technical User
Oct 15, 2003
US
Hello I have a befw11s4 v1 recently the wlan led has turned off thus no broadcast. I've tried the latest to some previous firmwares and nothing. I have also found in the newer firmwares there is a domain setting. Seen as (domain:) in the setup page. On my router there is no specified domain.(domain:) I have seen others with ( Domain:US ) I believe my router has lost its domain setting. Anyway to recover from this? I would appreciate anyones help! ( Yes I do have Wireless enabled ;)

The domain setting is used by certain ISPs, and has no other importance. Leave it alone.

The WLAN light means that there is no connection to your modem. Check the modem, and check the cables from the modem to the WAN port.

if there's another computer connected to this router that can go online,this means that there's no problem w/ the modem-router connection.try to press the reset button for 30 secs.if it still doesnt work press the reset button then unplug the power while holding the reset button then plug the power back in,then let go of the reset button.if the WLAN link light is still off,there's something wrong with the wireless hardware on your router.

Darn! I figured it was dead. OH well Now I have a excuse to get a WRT55AG. The bright side: My BEFW11S4 is now a nice 4 port router. Unless someone knows how to fix this? I dont mind reverse engineering the thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back