Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

befw11s4 firmware upgrade gives "invalid image" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriseldorado

Technical User
Jan 2, 2004
US
I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on my befw11s4 via the tftp.exe program and using the code.bin supplied in the befw11s4v1-fw-1442z zip. All I get is "invalid image". Anyone seen and resolved this issue before? I'm doing this in conjunction with thread thread916-711639

Make sure you downloaded the firmware for the BEFW11S4 version. Check the exact model+version of your router by looking at the sticker underneath it. If you have the right firmware, do a hard reset of the router first before running the firmware upgrade. Good luck!

There are now four versions of that router. As mylies said, check the version of the router.

A bad image can be had:

. If there are other active connections when you flash the firmware; Do it by cable connection, only you connected, and not by wireless.

. It might be a bad download

yes-sir-eee - taking all other PCs off the router (duh)allowed a clean firmware update.

I aso downloaded the firmware update, however when I tried to execute it, the application it wanted was yahoo messenger...?? I have no idea why . Now I have issues with the router diag light and can not get the computer to recognize the router at all. any suggestions? Linksys says the router is bad, out of warranty and to get a new one. Do routers only have a life of 1.5 years...?

Unplug the router. depress the RESET button. You might need a paperclip to depress. Then power on WHILE holding the button. Keep it depressed for about 30-60 seconds. This is supposed to reset the config to defaults and start fresh (incuding the password/userid)
good luck!

Well after I unplugged it I realized that the technician from Road Runner had used the power pak for the Cable Modem on the router and the router (Linksys) power pak was plugged in to the Cable Modem. The Router was very hot to the touch and had a burning smell inside of it. I have purchased a new Router and am trying to get RR to reimburse me for their technicians mistake for frying my router. I am not sure if I will download any future firmware though LOL. Thanx for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back