Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEFW11S4 and wired router

Status
Not open for further replies.

seek12

Technical User
Feb 17, 2004
US
Currently have a wired router. Can I hook the BEFW11S4 from the switch port to the wired switch and just use it as an access point for a wi-fi Ipaq?

Thanks

Seek

Its a BIG YES . You can set the router to dchp its dhcp change to a different ip address.

I current have it connected this way. I connect the wireless -B router BEFw11s4 to my wired router, I used the uplink from the wired router to the wireless. I also change the IP address on the wireless router to 192.169.1.151 , this way I could alway access it also. I connected the wusb11 wireless adapter to my XP system downstair and installed the drivers only . (Note do not install the siftware it will mess things up), just driver if you have XP- ME/98/95 need the software to work. I have also connected another computer through the wired side of the wireless just to do maintianance on it through the wired side. So I have 3 computer connected to the wired router / uplink connected to wireless with one wireless adaoter and one wired computer and all work good.

the IP address should be 192.168.2.1 on the second router, sorry for the screw up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back