Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEFVP41 and SSH Sentinel, Works perfect with new firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthsideJohnny

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2002
US
I got this latest firmware. 1.40.3d and used the documentation from SSH Site.

By looking through those and getting the new firmware, it was an easy setup. Was pulling my hair out with 1.40.3 Firmware.

Anyone needs the beta firmware let me know. I will send it to you. (remember load beta firmware at your own risk)

I just got 1.40.3F from Linksys, but I still can't seem to get Sonicwall to connect using IKE. It does now have the User Name (which sonicwall calls its Unique Firewall Identifier), but it still won't connect. Gets the following error:

2002-09-30 12:20:08 IKE[1] Rx << Notify : NO-PROPOSAL-CHOSEN
2002-09-30 12:20:08 IKE[1] **Check your Encryption, Authentication method and PFS settings !

I do have a proposal chosen and will be talking to Linksys about it tomorrow.

They still haven't fixed the Encryption and Authentication field sizes yet.

Tom.

Hi tfstom,

Linky/Sonic combo works only with Sonic FW 6.x up.

If both ends are in Static IP use main mode and it works with basic IKE settings.

If Linky is in Dynamic IP pls use aggressive mode and give UFI as user name. 3DES/MD5/no PFS.

Should work.

I finally got it working with DES/MD5/&quot;No PFS&quot;/768bits. As Markku says, this is what you have to do to get it to work. You can't use manual keys, as the field sizes don't match.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back