Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEFSX41 won't capture WINS IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironwill

Technical User
Feb 3, 2003
PH
We have a Linksys BEFSX41 running firmware 1.44.11t.

All attempts to assign a WINS IP address as part of the DHCP setup page fail. The unit is unable to save the WINS address after selecting APPLY. Only 0.0.0.0 is displayed.

Is this a known problem that has been fixed in the current firmware release or is it still a "broken" feature?

Because of a number of features that were broken with firmware 1.45.3 we've been unable to upgrade to that version.

Please advise via email regarding the current status of the WINS address feature.

1.44.11t ( beta ) indeed had a broken WINS-feature and the DHCP server could not be disabled either.

1.45.3 ( final ) should be OK and stable. What are the broken features bugging you?

Really? I never knew that!Well then Mark, thanks for the input.I will just simply upgrade the firmware of the router.No, that's the only thing that bugs me, as of now.Thanks, once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back