Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEFSR41 V2 FIRMWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfguerra

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2003
US
Is there updated firmware for BEFSR41 V2? I have tried finding it on Linksys' web site but all I could find was firmware for BEFSR41 ver 3, firmware date 4/1/2004, firmware version 1.05.00.

According to my router, I have firmware version 1.40.2, dated October 23 2001.

I am having some problems with my current router that I suspect might be firmware related but I don't know if there is a newer version.

Thanks!

Firmware rekease 1.457 is the latest for your router.
Filename:
befsr_fw_1457.zip 9/19/2003

Download from: ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/befsr41/

I downloaded it but I got an error message saying "Invalid Image!!".

The address I used was 192.168.1.1 and I also have the correct password (since I can access the router from my browser) and I am using he 'bin' file.

Any ideas? Thanks!

See the Linksys FAQ on broadbandreports.com for suggestions as to how to make a successful firmware flash:
But an "invalid image" suggests a bad download, so start by redownloading the file. Do not use download accelerators in downloading firmware.

jfguerra,

hi! i would suggest that you use the one for the router befsr41 without any version--

try to use that version and see if this one helps. Btw, the firmware version is 1.45.7. The latest one.

Hope this helps.
[ponytails]

"imagination is more important than knowledge."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back