Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beeping sounds being heard during ACD calls by some agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcoBlanco

Technical User
Feb 9, 2015
CA
I have a problem that sounds a lot like this thread thread690-848601

For some of my agents, they sometimes (1%) hear beeping sounds during their calls.

They sound like DTMF tones and not service observe notifications or call recording tones

I am speculating that it may be carrier related cross talk as everything on the agent side (phone/headset/station number) has been updated.

Any insight to this problem would be welcomed as it is causing issues with customers needing to be disconnected and called back.

Is the beeping sound heard by both parties on a call?
Some headsets do that when the battery is getting low, but only the person with the headset hears the beeping.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

It is only audible to the Agent and the recording mutes out the tones.

Some headsets do that when the battery is getting low, but only the person with the headset hears the beeping.

Have the complaining users try the handset and see if the beeps are still heard.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

Do you have a recording system in place? THey could play a beep.

We do use a recorder, it is not configured to emit beeps. The beeps that are heard are not nice little reminder beeps, they sound like someone has fallen asleep with their elbow on the key pad. They definitely sound like DTMF tones.

Are you using Callmaster voice terminals?

bsh

No we are using Avaya IP Phone (9650 h323) and Avaya ACRs G450 MG connected to PRIs
SIP is used to connect the recorders.

Is the noise heard if the Agent does not use there Headset?
Is it isolated to few phones, or all?

Very few agents are reporting this issue.
I believe we have changes the phone/stations. Problem seems to migrate with agent, but maybe all agents are not reporting this issue.

You didn't answer if the issue is there if they don't use the headset.
We had radio interference, ie. the agent could hear a local radio station on some headset. The issue was that we were not using the correct cable. cable work, but was not the one the manufactory said was compatible, we switch to the correct cable an issue went away. Now we never had that issue in the office it was only on our remote agent. But I would recommend narrowing this down more.

We typically remove the handset from the phones when they are deployed on the desks. I could add this to the diagnostic steps and have the handset replaced on this users phone.

The problem you are describing sounds like DTMF talk-off to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back