Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beep Tone and NICE 8.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttcsbarry

Vendor
Sep 9, 2003
US
I have NICE 8.9 and Avaya PBX S8700 CM 3.1.4. I currently use Dynametric TBR-1 beep tone generator to produce beep tone. However, customer is looking at adding more users and another NICE system for another building and wants to investigate the possibility of beep tone being provided by PBX or NICE. I called NICE and they would not really talk to me. They said it was possible on NICE with some PBX's but I had to go through the NICE vendor. The NICE vendor said that beep tone is possible only on analog cards in NICE. We have analog and digital cards in NICE, but majority of channels will be digital. I contacted Avaya and they led me to believe that NICE uses Service Observe to record the channels and that I could turn on Service Observe warning tone in change system-parameters features page 11. But this does not work. I verified the tone gets inserted when I perform a Service Observe, but NICE recording does not. I am sure at this point that the way NICE is configured or the type of hardware/channel cards do not perform a Service Observe to record the calls. The way that the stations interface to the digital cards is pBX port gets wired to input side of card, then the output side of the card/channel gets wired to PBX 2420 digital phone. I there a way for the NICE to produce the tone or for the PBX to produce the tone when the NICE is recording the channel (whic is all the time)? The customer does not want to invest in more of these TBR-1's for various reasons including the fact that most agents have headsets and handsets which would require 2 TBR-1's for each station. Allso they want to limit maintanance problems and have uniformity across the platform. Any suggestions?

We are using NICE Perform and are having a very difficult time producing a Beep Tone. We are required to have it so that the customer, agent, and recording can all hear the Beep Tone and we aren't having any success with this, we've been in talks with NICE about a custom application, but it is still not working, so if you do come up with a solution, please post it, because I'd be interested.

In the 8.9 system, have you gone into the driver setup on the cls?
From the Server Controller Switch menu, choose Avaya Driver Setup.
Keep clicking next until the Avaya Quick Setup appears and then next until you get to the recoding method window, click the adavanced button and then check the 'send beep tones' checkbox. Not sure but this may only work on the Analogue lines?
Not sure you have the same driver setup as this though, but worth a look.
You will have to close the CLS apps before running the driver setup.

The story ends with using the beep tone generators. The method that turiya mentions is only for analog cards. I have verified this with Word Systems (NICE Vendor). So, unfortunately, with the type of cards we have (digital) and the type of PBX we have (Avaya), beep tones need to be generated externally from the NICE system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back