Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beep on Voice Call 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

1pzcomm

Vendor
Nov 15, 2007
US
I have a customer with a CICS 7.1 and they HATE the beep when the Voice Call. I thought there was a way to remove the beep????? Any ideas??????

No way, that's so someone can't do a mute voice call and ease drop on someone. It beeps like every 10 seconds.

Wayne T

I tried that and you still get the tone every 10 sec or so.

Wayne T

Thanks.... This is a dentist ofice and it is not always easy to leave the patients side to press H/F

Only the called party can disable the beep.

Phonehed in Dallas

Wait a minute, you pressed the hands free button at the >>>CALLED<<< parties' extension and it didn't stop the beep?

If so, that ain't right and I'd say to try that again because that's the correct procedure to stop that beep. The HF light will stay on the first time you press it but the beeping should stop then.

If you press it again, it will mute the speakerphone and the light will flash and when you press it again it should light up solid and enable the mic. I'd make sure all that works right too.

Phonehed in Dallas

Thanks folks....but that defats the purpose......If the Dr is up to his elbows in some ones mouth he can't press any buttons....

I would get a new dentist if he stopped working on my mouth to either answer a voice call or press the mute button!! Do not worry, he will not be in business long.
Pressing the MUTE button will only MUTE the patient asking the Dentist "What the !!!! are you doing" !

Common sense should weigh in at some time!

Sorry, I am on a rant and perhaps this is not the forum.

RBT

Agreed! New Dentist is the correct answer!

Phonehed in Dallas

Folks, had the same problem w/CICS and 7.1; found out that if you hit the HF/mute key TWICE, the 10 sec tone will go away; the tone was one of those screwy ideas some Nortel engineer thought was needed to notify both parties that they were on a speaker phone, in case one party was in a open office environment. Still a pain in the backside...

@BR8770 Sorry but that is not correct!

You only have to hit the HF button one time (from the called parties set) to disable that tone! Try that test again!

If you hit it twice it will flash and mute your mic and of course you still won't hear the tone because you have already disabled it.

The beep is actually a pretty good feature as it let's you know that you are still being monitored and pressing a button to turn it off is no problem at all for MOST users.

Seems to me that the dentist should hire an assistant to take his calls when he's with a patient.

Phonehed in Dallas

It doesn't sound very sterile to be pressing any buttons on any phone for any reason with sticky, bloody, slobbery, rubber gloves

don't let him put them back in your mouth.

I agree ( NEW Dentist !)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back