Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beep on cc6 agents with forced presentation nw 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTDubai

Technical User
Jun 14, 2009
QA
I have few softphone CC6agents(offshore) with forced presentation.
The Beep on call presentation seems to be not working.
But the Digital phones(M3905)on shore calls are presented with a Beep
Please post your ideas.

Thanks

JT

You could check (if you haven't already) the "Sound Devices" section of the softphone settings. Make sure that Handsfree/Ringing/Paging Device is set to their headset.

Correct, softphones should get their beep via PC or server settings.
If you have CCMM also check the 'Audible Alert' setting in the 'Agent Desktop Configuration'.

Digital sets like the M3905 get their beep via the "ACD Call Force Tone" (ACFT, XON) which can be set in LD 56.

CTarv/Utreg
Thanks for your immediate reply.
I did try this option and the DN call ringing they can hear very clearly.
But the CC6 call on the ACD key with forced presentation still does not give the beep sound.

Kindly come back with your expert opinion.

JT

have similar issue with latest version of softphone. try installing the lower version and see if same problem occurs.

Thanks bukoljoe,

I am using softphone 3.xx
The user says sometimes they are able to hear the beep.
Unfortunately my softphone agents are offshore.Does the Network link cause any issue only for the beep sound?
The DN call ringing is working fine.
Do you have a case raised to Nortel?Or is Nortel coming up with any new release for this problem?

JT

bukoljoe,

Thanks for the lead.It was a softphone issue.But in my case the resolution was slightly different my version was 3.00. I upgraded the version to 3.03.0010 and the beep is working.

JT

we are stuck using the old version.

nortel will charge, they say it is product enhancement.

though it is good to know that 3.03.0010 is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back