Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beep from motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD2700

Technical User
Feb 17, 2005
DK
I have a ASUS-A7V8X-X motherboard, AMD 2700+ CPU, unknown RAM, 2xWestern Digital hdd's, G-force 4400ti and a brand new 400W PSU. MY computer will not boot up, it just gives out these long beeps and short silence's from the internal speakers. No picture on my screen either. Does anyone no a good webpage that has a library over beep errors or simply just that can help me figure this out

2 long 1 short- Video card
2 long - memory

What beeps are there?

It goes on for as long as my computer is turned on. Long beep and then a short pause, it just repeats it's self.

Clear CMOS but I doubt thats it.

Then "the dreaded process of elimination"

Clear the board down to just the ram and processor and see if it beeps. If it still does then try different ram. Trial and error with each component.

I did a search on the web for error beeps and I found out that it's a memory problem. To be precise RAM problems. But thanks alot for your help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back