Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Because SubReports doen´s hava a page Header... 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fursten

Programmer
Dec 27, 2000
PT
Hi,

I inserted a subreport in the details section of my report. Sometimes de subreport is bigger enought to use more than one page of my report. What I want is, in each page de subreport is using, to print the "title" for that subreport. However, in the subreport we dont have a page header! So I can´t put a text object to be printed everytime the subreports use one more page of the report.

Maybe this is possible to control with a formula...

Any ideias?

Thank you

Sérgio Oliveira

Crystal have a KB article about this, you can read it here

Basicly, what you need to do is create a formula with this;

WhileReadingRecords;
" "

then you insert a group base on this formula with the option "Repeat Group Header on Each New Page"
This group have to be the first one of your sub-report.

HTH,
Martin

This technique works, but you have to take one additional step. When you insert the Group header containing the FakePageHeader formula, you need to format this header to Suppress if it's on the first record. Once you have created the header, go to Format, and then click on Suppress. Set the condition for suppressing the header to OnFirstRecord.

If you don't do this, you are going to see the Fake Page Header at the very beginning of the subreport; and this is not what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back