Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEB 10.5 SP1 & Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocarles

Technical User
Jan 9, 2004
PY
Hi:
I Just installed BEB 10.5 + SP1 in a Win XP SP2 spanish version.
I have no problems running backups, but when I chose Restore from BEB manager Quick start menu, the interface get close. I have no messages on activity log even in Windows Event Viewer.
Restore, from Restore Wizard works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced

I have only heard of the Manager closing when there was a corrupt job in the queue or the queue itself was corrupt. But this sounds different. Anyways it is easy enough to test to see if it is do to the queue. Stop the Job Engine and close the Manager. Now Move the directory 00000001.qsd out from under ARCserve to another location. Next start the Job Engine and bring up the Manager, the queue will be recreated automatically. Now try the restore, and if it works then there is a problem with the queue or a job in the queue.

By the way I would recommend upgrading to version 11.1. As an Enterprise client you are probably entitled to a free upgrade.

Thank for your help Michel!!!
I will test your suggestion.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back