Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE9 and Brick level backups getting access denied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTALLY

MIS
May 6, 2002
US
I am using Backup Exec V9 Build 4454 and when I originally setup and configured Backup Exec V9 I set everything so I could do brick level backups on both the mailboxes and public folders. I didn't change anything but now I am getting access denied when I try to connect to the brick level. Everything is set correctly as far as I can tell and the Exchange Server is V5.5. I have the Exchange Admin installed on the backup server with mail profile. The Exchange agent is installed as I was backing up the brick level before. The Exchange server has a mail profile the functions correctly. What else can I do or check any help would be really appreciated.

Thank You
PTALLY

Try this.
Create a new account in Network | Logon accounts| with the name of the mailbox that you have setup for BE to use.

No password, just the mailbox display name as the account name.

In the job setup, for logon credentials, select this new account for mailboxes.

If that does not work, something has changed on the mailbox itself.

In 9.0, you do not have to have the Exchange Manager or Mapi client installed on the BE server, although it won't hurt having them there.

Hope that helps

I have tried this already sorry I did not mention it before. I have tried to use multiple of different Network accounts all having Domain admin\Exchange admin rights. All set of credentials I have tried to use has failed and gets access denied. What else could I try or be the issue here like I said before it was working fine when I first set it up but now I get denied. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PTALLY

Login as the account you are using to backup the mailbox on the backup server. Go into Exchange Admin and ensure you have rights over everything. Confirm Outlook is tied to the mailbox account for Veritas as well, and launch and ensure that everything looks peachy there as well. I also remember similar problems with v8.6 and versioning problems with MAPI32.dll file - you may want to try copying this again into the \SYSTEM32 directory from the Exchange 5.5 CD or from your Exchange Server and reboot the backup server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back