Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE7.0 and DLT1 Config *SLOW*

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaquiche

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2001
BE
Hello there,
Platform: DELL PE1400, P3/800, 128Mo, Adaptec 2940U2W, DELL Powervault 110T (DLT1)
Soft: NT4 Sp6a & Seagate Backup exec 7.0

The DLT is working ok under BE7, but it's incredibly SLOW : 2GB in 2hours without verification enabled ! :-(

SCSI BIOS config : ALL enabled to max efficiency except WIDE negociation.
BE7 config : all to max either

Does anyone have a good config to help me, for the SCSI BIOS and BE7 device config or anything relevant ?

Any help/info appreciated, thanks alot !
Sylvain

i'm having the same problem. my full backups take more than
1 day. have you guys resolved the problem for DLT1 BE 7.3?

I'm having a good transfer rate now of 160-250Mb (2Gb in 15 minutes):) :

SCSI config : No wide negociation, speed 20Mb
BE device config: block64K buffer128k count10 Highwater0

REMAINING PROBLEM :-I : Software compression is enabled because I cannot use Hardware compression (greyed out) !
Where can I find the latest drivers for a DELL PowerVault 110T DLT1 tape drive ?

ty - Sylvain

slaquiche

You should make sure that you have the Veritas drivers installed. Also, I would update the software to revision 7.01 build 1616. This is only available as a download from the Veritas site:
Make sure you read the installation instructions before you install.

Also try these links:

Tilo

I have a similar problem using BE7.0 on a compaq proliant, using compaq's 35/70 dlt drive. I'm ok on throughput until i add a couple of servers across town, then the backup time spikes to 18 - 19 hours for the job. I appears to be a choke point in the network connectivity between my backup server and the member servers across town. Do you have any server's that are being backed up on a slow segment? That may be it...

good luck - Sulaco

If you are running an Anti-Virus program, it is possible for it to be scannning files during the backup process. Try diabling it and see if it makes a difference. If it does, you may want to exclude certain types of files from the scan process or deem it as acceptable considering the protection provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back