Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

be10 services sqlagent$bkupexec and mssql$bkupexec

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizer

Technical User
Jan 27, 2004
US
hello
i just noticed after my recent install that the sqlagent$bkupexec is stopped and is set to manual
while the mssql... is started and is set to automatic

just want to make sure this is the correct setting for these 2 services - ofcourse, i'd like to know what they do also

thx

Both of these services are responsible for the Device and Media database as well as the back end database itself for Backup Exec (which by default is MSDE.)

thx for replying hereto
but why would the install set that one service to default to manual/stopped?
and, what is MSDE?

MSDE is a short for Microsoft Database Engine. It is basically a cut down version of SQL 2000. VERITAS redistributes it as part of Backup Exec. I'm not sure why the service is set to manual/stopped. Are you having problems with it? If not, I'm sure there is a good explanation. ;-)

The SQL Agent is always manual an stopped. This goes for a full Blown version of SQL unless you have scheduled backups running inside of SQL..then its starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back