Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE not using media set chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardGuy

MIS
Jul 21, 2003
US
My Backup Jobs are backing up all data w/ no errors with one exception. For some reason, in the backup job definitions I choose (under the General tab of the backup job properties) the correct Media set (i.e. Weekly, Daily, Monthly) for a given backup but what BE seems to be doing instead is sequentially picking the next available media in my tape library. For example, if my backup uses slot 6 one day, the next backup job will use slot 7, regardless of what "User Media Set" (under the Media tab) I have that particular DLT tape assigned to.

I am using BE 8.6 (build 3808)utilizing a Dell PowerVault 132T SDLT tape library. I have plans to upgrade to BE9 soon but wondered if this couldn't be fixed in my current version. Thanks in advance.

GuardGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back