Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE Error during backup: Device running OFO does not have enough space

Status
Not open for further replies.

shpydah

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2000
US
I have recently revamped my Media sets, prior to this the backups were running fine....I reinstated several of the previously created media sets but the Job(s) still fail every time, giving the same error:<br>
<br>
Error during backup, job could not complete because the device (K:) (a striped drive array) and (F:) (a basic file server used for archiving) do not have enough space available. BE requires 30MB of free space to start the job and 10% of the disk to complete.<br>
<br>
<br>
Well, both sets of drives have well over 30MB available as does the C: drive on the machine that hosts the BE and DLT drive, as well both drives have far more than 10% of the disk space available. I know the configuration is good because several other shared drives, as well as the C: drive on the same machine backup just fine....it's only these two shared drives....<br>
<br>
i know this description is cryptic and half done at best but i would appreciate any input....i will also post any solutions i come across....<br>
<br>
thanks,<br>
peter chow.

Veritas defines the problem and suggests some registry changes in Doc. #192094.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back