Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Be careful Using Word 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeRBS

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2004
GB
Maybe there's something I don't know but what I can see of Access is the editor is truly awful. You can't re-size the display. There's no search-and-replace etc. So I tend to use Word if I have some intricate SQL.

I just hit a wierd problem where WHERE SOMETHING = "R" kept throwing a dialogue box asking what R was. It turns out Word puts in the special opening and closing double quotes which Access maps to square brackets.

Access is nearly brilliant. Why such stupid shortcomings?

access wants you to use the QBE instead of just entering sql willy nilly...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

Use NotePad or WordPad instead of word.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

or even vim if you're feeling adventurous...

although I don't think there is syntax highlighting for sql as standard, but I'm sure there a script somewhere...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

PH

Obvious really, isn't it.

Cheers

No. I really think Access should have a more friendly coding environment. Some aspects of the non-coding enviropnment are still class-leading. For old timers like me it's as if we died and went to heaven. Why can't they extend that breathtaking quality to the easy things...

You can control the use of typographical quotes in Word. Just go to Tools ! Autocorrect Options (the Autoformat tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back