Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 9 can't connect to Media Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agentstarks

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2003
US
It keeps losing connection to the media server randomly, and I'm getting this error on trying to reconnect:

"An unexpected database exception occurred"

SQL server is running and all the BE9 services are running. This is happening in the middle of a full backup. Any ideas?

Not sure here need more info.. How are you setup?
Are you having some LAN issue's?
Another server full backup?
I cannot seem to find that error anywhere..

no events in the logs from this error. It's an HP DLT 80i drive and a clean install of BE 9.

Tip: never uninstall Veritas BE. I was doing a clean install, and the Veritas uninstaller doesn't remove all it's files. So when I rebooted, my server bluescreened. Finally at 4:30am and several hours of phone support from Microsoft and I got my server back up.

After reinstalling BE, it kept losing connection during the first local backup, so I ended up cancelling it.I reopened BE and it's giving me the same error.

I finally got an error in the eventlog: looked up the error code and I had to re-register the schedmgrur.dll *again* (just did this yesterday). I'm assuming this is going to keep losing connection on me, so I may be calling Veritas the next time it happens.

What OS are you trying to backup.. XP? 2000?
XP has port blocking features that are standard, are any of them blocked.... 2000 has none..
Is this machine secured down? i.e. does User -System have full rights to all the files and is in the administrators group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back