Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 9.1 server & 10 AGENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

barney2

Technical User
Jun 9, 2003
GB
I have a Backup Exec 9.1 server
I have exchange 2000 on another server
Will it work if I purchase a v10 exchange agent/raw or must I upgrade the server to v10 as well

The remote agent has to match the servers current version. If you upgrade on either you have to upgrade the other.

I know from experience that you can use Backup Exec 10.0 Server with 9.0 & 9.1 Remote Agents. I think that is supported too.

Normally the agents should match the version of the server. When you buy agent licenses version 10, plus a support pack, then you can request to convert the license into version 9.1.

Has anyone had any problems upgrading from Veritas 9.1 to 10 with SP1?

Does anyone know if a version 10 key will work with a 9 installation cd for installating a remote agent

Just call Veritas with the v 10 license key and they will assign you a v 9.1 key over the phone. Did this last week, took 3 minutes total.

You can backup a server running version 9.x remote agents with a media server running version 10.x but it will only be a flat file backup. no other options will work ie OFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back