Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 9.0 - job engine system service is not responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johngiggs

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
US
For the past week or so, the BackupExec job engine service keeps dying and I have no idea why.

BE 9.00 Rev 4454
Win 2000 SP4

Below is the error message in the logs:

Error code : a00081d9 HEX
Error description : The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

John

Does anyone have any ideas on this? The server was just rebuilt and the service still continues to die daily. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Check to see if the Backup Exec Job Engine is running - Also check the event log for related Dr Watson errors.

I have had experiences when the BE Job Engine stops in the middle of a an mailbox backup. This was because we were using Outlook XP as the Mapi client on the BE media server - we had to install office SP1 to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rols,

Thank you for the response. After reading the article, it seems as though it may only apply to BE 8.0 and 8.5. I am running 9.0.

Thanks,

John

Have you checked the logon credentials for the service, it may not work if the password is incorrect (you may have changed the service account password, but not updated the service account to reflect this).

Also generally services are known to fail repeatedly if there is not enough resources to sustain them. Look to see if there is enough disk space (one of your drives may be nearly full)

Also I know that most backup exec services are dependant on one another. If one fails then the others dependant on it may also keep failing. Perhaps try restarting them all, or one service may be corrupted which is stopping all the others from working correctly: indiccating you are concentrating on the wrong service. Some need windows services to be functioning correctly e.g. SNMP.

Hmm... I've got the same problem with BE 9. I don't need SNMP to run Backup Exec now do I? (its not running)

It's just a simple Win2k server. Nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back