Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 9.0 Error:a000e005 HEX on Win2k Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppretorius

Technical User
Mar 25, 2004
ZA
Hi Guys,

Lastnights backup worked 100%

Then this morning, Our backup device didn’t restore anything after an hour so I cancelled it.

Then I tried to run a inventory but that just failed hopelessly ...

The error follows:
Job Completion Status
Job started : Friday, May 21, 2004 10:58:17 AM
Job ended : Friday, May 21, 2004 10:58:28 AM
Final error code: a000e005 HEX
Final error description: The job has reported multiple errors. Please refer to job log for more details.
For more information, click the following link:
Final error category: Backup Device Errors
Completed status: Failed

I have tried finding the error on veritas, but was unsuccessful.

I exited Backup Exec, and stopped all the services. Waited about 5 mins and started the services again. I opened Backup exec again only to find that the backup device offline.

I have had this problem before, and restarting the server seems to brings life to everything again. Ill schedule a restart during lunchtime, unless you have any more suggestions which may help me out here.

I actually have the same problem happen to me today. I am wondering if you found a solution becuase rebooting does not seem to work. Your right, Veritas does not have any docs about this error. a000e005 HEX

thanks,

BM

What type of Tape Device?

Stop and disable the Removable Storage Service.

Hi Guys,

I experiance that problem about once in every 3 months.

This is the procedure that seems to work for me.

1) Stop all BE services.
2) Power off backup device
(In my case ... Sony AIT TSL-SA300C Autoloader)
3) Open BE and assure that drive goes offline - Dont start services. (cant ever get mine back online, even if i restart the services and repower the drive)
4) Reboot Server.

This seems to work everytime i've had the problem. The only sh1t thing bout it is the downtime.

Please let me know if you find a better way around it ;)

L8r

I have a ADIC Scalar 100 with two Sony AIT drives.
I will check my removable storage but I seem to remember doing that before. For some reason, rebooting is not resolving anything anymore. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back