Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 8.6 Skipping files on Exchange 5.5 (Priv.edb, pub.edb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2002
US
I having problems backing up the following files:

priv.edb, pub.edb, edb.log, and edbxxxx.log.

What do I need to do correct this, any help would be appreciated.

Do I need to install a server agent and a Exchange agent on my Exchange server or just an Exchange agent?

If you have the Exchange agent license installed on the BE server, it should automatically be installed when you push the BE remote agent to the Exchange server.

Backup Exec will skip these files when you are doing a backup of the hard drives. You need to check the "Microsoft Information Store" and "Microsoft Directory Store" backup selections to back these files up. If these selections do not show up when you browse to the Exchange server, make sure that you have Exchange support enabled on the BE server (Tools>Options>click the "Exchange" tab and select "Enable Exchange Support")and make sure that you have the Exchange License installed

I was wounder if there was a way to get backup copy of the following files via Veritas software.

Information Store Data: priv.edb,pub.edb, and edb.log
Directory Service Data: dir.edb, and edb.log

OK, My responce is a bit late I'll wager, but it might help someone.
Do not back these files up. On the selection tabin Veritas, it gives you the choice to backup the Microsoft Exchange Directory, the Information Store, and the mailboxes, this is what you back up.

Check this out for a better explaination:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back