Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 8.6 Jobs running very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speloq

MIS
Dec 4, 2002
US
Hello I'm running BE 8.6 on a W2K server. I'm backing up another server running a Windows cluster. I do have the remote agents install. The issue is that my backup job is taking about 13 hours.

What kinda of throughput are you getting?? Also what speed network are you running, also how much data are you backing up??

Post as much info as you can and hopefully we can give you a hand.

Cheers

As for the Throughput rate I'm getting an average of 110 and backing up just shy of 66gigs. I'm using a Dell Powervault 110T LTO drive. My network is speed is 100. The remote server is a Microsoft cluster.
Steve

OK

Try a local backup & see what kind of throughput you get & let us know.

Also try locking down your NIC's to 100 full duplex mode (for the BE Server, cluster nodes & any switches that lie in between).

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Thanks for all your help. I was able to fix the problem by updating the Tape drive drivers. Which increased my throughput to 385. Once again thanks Steve

Hello all:

I'm having a problem. I'm getting about 330 mb\min on my BE 8.6. On my daily 2 backup its taking over 17 hours. It used to only take like 12 hours. I'm backing up roughly 170 gigs of data. This probably isn't enough info. to resolve this but please email me with any questions. thanks. fowlerk2003@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back