Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 8.6 Errors: unable to initialize & The Exchange Store service is no

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronmorse

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2001
US
The Exchange Store service is not responding
I am running win2k server edition on my exchange server I have two win2k pro boxes that I back up and am getting this error:(Unable to initialize Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 - performing standard backup)
Both boxes have the remore agent installed and is running in the services...So what F^%$K???

Also It will not back up my exchange store giving the following error:
(The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set canceled.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Unable to open the item Directory - skipped.)

Any help would be appreciated...
Thank you
:)
Ron

sounds like you need an exchange license unfortunately in order to back up exchnage properly you need an additional license to do so.

I am getting the exact same symptoms and I do have the Exchange agent installed - interestingly, it backs up the Information Store fine, but gets the error when trying to back up the Directory Store.

I have tried the Veritas fix noted below, but to no avail (ronmorse, this may be something to try for yours.)

Any other ideas anyone?

Just to add that it usually does perform the Exchange backup correctly but not always. However, it always has the "Unable to initialize Remote Agent..." error.

Thanks to all...I am still tring all your sugestions...(Gforce) I am going to that white paper now and will let you know what happens...Thanks

You may try to look at the RestrictAnonymous setting in the registry. I have had to set mine and then rebbot the server. I've only had it fail a few times since then. A reboot of the remote server fixed it each time. I wish there were any easier way as I do not like to have to reboot servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back