Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 8.6 build 3878 installation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmanning

MIS
Nov 26, 2001
US
I have just installed BE8.6 build 3878 and am unable to see any Exchange, SQL, or Lotus Notes options in the backup selections. I have installed Exchange Admin, SQL Admin, and Outlook. I also checked my licenses for exchange and SQL and everything seems fine. I can't even see the System State option for Windows 2000. Any suggestions?

Did you change the login/password for the Backup Exec services?

Did you stop the services, reboot the server and restart the services after the install?

-SQLBill

Tried what you said but it didn't work. I am trying to move my current Backup Exec server to another platform so the service account hasn't changed. Everything works fine on the current server.

On my current BE server it sees everything as shared folders (picture of a folder held by a hand) but the new install is seeing them as hard drives (picture of a hard drive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back