Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 8.5 Failing Inventory Jobs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcraig49

Technical User
Jun 13, 2003
US
I just completely reinstalled BE 8.5 from scratch. The software is running an ATL p1000 tape robot with 4 drives. When I try to run an inventory I get an error because a tape is already in one of the drives, the robot doesn't recognize it, so it disables it. This happens to all but "one" of the drives. The job fails and in the log it says "changer error, device is busy" about a dozen times. It appears that about 1 or 2 tapes actually gets inventoried but I've got about 20 in the robot and the tapes drives keep getting disabled.

So far I've:

1) Uninstalled BE and reinstalled BE completely. (beforehand I uninstalled the hardware via add/remove hardware menu.

2) Updated the device drivers from Veritas.

I'm sure this a tape robot problem but I'm out of answers here. Any ideas? Thanks.

How many tapes are you trying to inventory at one time? I usually inventory them one at a time (and my library holds 24 tapes).

-SQLBill

I'm doing an inventory on all the tapes. The only option I've got is to do an inventory on "slots". That hasn't been an issue in the past. I've been able to inventory the entire changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back