Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 8.0 "Unable to attach to..." but device is not even selected 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckalucka

IS-IT--Management
Sep 1, 2001
US
I am running BE 8.0 in an all NT4.0 environment. Our tape drive died, and I installed a new 40gb DLT drive. Before, with my old drive I had to split my network into 2 backups, each running every other day. Now I can back up all at once. So, I set up a new all encompassing backup job. After the first run of the new backup, I see that the job completion status is failed! Reason? It appears that the backup is looking for a Server that was removed from the network previously, and is therefore not even selected for backup! The error I get is:
"Unable to attach to \\WEBSERVER\C$.
The item was not found."
Any ideas on why this is happening?

Chuck

A long shot -- but VIEW your BACKUP SELECTIONS in "Text Version" rather than "Graphics version" -- once in BE 8.5 I had to go into Text Version and saw, in the text, a machine that did not appear in the Graphics version (I know it sounds crazy)

anyway, I deleted the entry in the Text Version -- this may be related - maybe not.

IHUDDLES....you were right on the mark! I went into the text version, and sure enough, there was the machine in question listed with the others. I removed the reference to it, and I'm sure it will work just fine now! Thanks so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back