Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 11d - BE database not upgraded. All tapes overwriteble

Status
Not open for further replies.

antepante

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2002
SE
After upgrading to BE 11d (from BE 9.1) the BE database could not updated. So BE installation did a new empty DB. I got all catalogs back but all media is placed under "imported media".
Right now all media is unprotected!

How can I get all media set configuration and association back?

Inventory your tapes then catalog the media... In the devices, there is a right click option to "Catalog Media".. Try this.. Let me know if this works or not.. I don't have the app in front of me right now.. good luck.

Cataloging the tape will only show the restore selection and it will not place the tapes back into media sets. You should have contacted support and they could have manually upgraded the database from 9x to 11 or at least attempted. There are technote on BEMIG to upgrade the database manually..assuming the 9.x database was corrupt befor hand.

Thanks for the answers.

I did a new media set with retention of 6 months for all imported media. And I had to export old media and fill up the library with new media for new backups. I'm not happy with the solution but it works.

It's bad that the catalog process doesn't "import" media set information... It's to late now but is there any other way to get back media set information if the BE database is lost?

Regards
/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back