Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 10d wont create media on tape in a msl2024 - how do I procede?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perryh73

MIS
Jul 15, 2003
GB
I have created daily/weekly and monthly tape media for a gf/fthr/son rotation.
There are overwritable tapes in the drives in the msl2024.
The jobs for these are all policy created using the wizards and the daily/weekly and monthly back up to disk work fine, just not the duplicate to tape.

I get an alert which says please insert overwritable media into drive - hp1 which is the msl2024.

What can I do next?

regards,

Perry Hackshaw.

I should add that I have 6 jobs and 6 lots of media per job e.g. Daily, Weekly and Monthly disk to disk media and daily, weekly and monthly tape media for copying disk media to tape.
Each job is policy driven and has its own media assigned in the job itself.
Disk and tape Media set properties:
Daily -- Weekly -- monthly
Overwrite 1 week 5 weeks 1 year
Append 1 week 5 weeks 1 year

You should cancel or put on hold every job that you have pending or schedulled.

Then, do a quick erase on all the tapes that you have loaded into the drive.

I have the same library, but I have a new problem. After installing SP1 for Veritas Backup Exec 10d, my robotic library became offline. I deleted it, installed it again, and now I just have the 2 slots as stand alone drives but not the complete library listed there. Any ideas?
Thanks,

My problem is I dont see any tapes in the device within Backup Exec. I see tapes in the MSL2024 admin website...
I run an inventory in BE but unsurprisingly dont see any tapes before or after.
Did you have to do any thing to the device or in backup exec to initialise the tapes and or library?
Are you using HP or Veritas drivers for this?

Perry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back