Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BDK1.1 - "Could not create event adapter" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I installed BDK1.1 and J2SE v1.3.0. In the beanbox I was testing out bean connections between the Juggler and Explicit button by writing an event handler for the button - to stop juggling when pressed. But it does not create an event adapter.

------------------------------------
The error it gives is:

WARNING: Could not Runtime.exec(String) "javac" in the standard way: Java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: javac classpath.....etc. etc.

Check that the version of "javac" that you are running is the one supplied with Sun's JDK1.x and not some other version supplied with another product...

Could not create an event adapter
------------------------------------

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling different versions in different directories, setting my path to my jdk directory as well as classpath=..\lib\methodtracer.jar and so on, but it never worked. Should the classpath variable be set to something else? Please help and many thanks in advance.

Try also setting JAVA_HOME to your JDK's bin directory, in addition to the path and classpath. Maybe that's already enough...
allow thyself to be the spark that lights the fire
haslo@haslo.ch - www.haslo.ch​

Thanks very much, Haslo. Yes, it worked very well and I am on my way to developing new beans. Oh yes, another mistake I made was to set PATH=...;c:\jdk1.3.0_03\bin\javac.exe;... The javac.exe part had to be removed.

P.S. I voted you for the "Tip Master Of The Week".

Narayanan Srinivasan
coolie91@hotmail.com

Brothers and Sisters from India, if you have any recent news regarding F-1 to H-1B visa transfer, please e-mail me. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back