Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BDE Error Cat:Code: [43:39]

Status
Not open for further replies.

etsiap

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2004
US
Cheryl attemps to load Goldmine 6.5 residing on a Dell SBS 2003 and gets the following:

Unknown internal operating system error.
Context: open
j:\goldmine\License
BDE: 500 [4/11/1999] GoldMine: 6.50.40704
User: CHERYL T
Window:
Template:
Details:

Cheryl has been using Goldmine from this PC for ~ 6 mos.

All other users in the office can access the Goldmine db.

Cheryl can login to the Goldmine db with her uname and password at the server.

I tried accessing the Goldmine database from Cheryl's PC using the Administrators login. . . same error different user, same PC (new dell w/xp).

Cheryl could login the day before with no problems.

I tried a few system restores to different dates going back as far as I can to no avail.

Please offer any suggestions that might help me log this user into GM.

Thank you!
Wayne

Wayne,

Can you browse to J:\GoldMine in windows explorer? This sounds like the drive mapping for the J drive no longer exists.

Regards,

Richard.
PRIOR Analytics UK
Winners of the LBA Customer Service Award.

Thank you for your response. Yes I can see all folder etc on the J: drive. Bad news is my boss called me today as I was off site and said that another user is experiencing the same error as Cheryl. Tuesday morning I plan to reboot the server and delete the J drive image from the faulty pc's and re-map.

I don't have any expectations because I added a new user to the faulty PC and the network yesterday and had no luck.

Wayne

Wayne - does your message say "j:\goldmine\License" or "j:\goldmine\License.dbf?"

This is the first dbf Goldmine looks at.

First....
Find License.dbf and back it up

You can make sure you can see license.dbf and make sure its not named license.dbx

I don't think that is the problem, it sounde like it happens to individuals....

Do your users look at the BDE settings on the server? You can compare a working user to non-working user? When you open the BDE config, is the idapi32 file the same for each? (Check the blue title bar on the top)

Other users are working fine? Just problems with one user and every one you add at after that?

Hi Wayne,

I'd try removing any trace of GoldMine on the local PC...get rid of the Borland folder in the registry and delete the gm6s32.dl and the gm6tp32.dll. Then reboot, recreate the GoldMine shortcut and relaunch. You now have a chance that the dll's get put in a different sector on the harddrive.

Jay

Unknown internal operating system error.
Context: open
j:\goldmine\License
BDE: 500 [4/11/1999] GoldMine: 6.50.40704
User: CHERYL T
Window:
Template:
Details:

This is what fixed it -

Start
cmd
regedit