Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCMSVu error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jghadiali

Technical User
Feb 15, 2002
IN
I get the following error message on the BCMSVu server.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files\Lucent\BCMS Vu\BCMSVuServer.exe

abnormal program termination

OK

When i click OK, the server application terminates and the u have to restart the server application.

The server is an NT 4.0 with SP 6. BCMS Vu is R2. Tried replacing the machine, re-loaded NT with SP 6. Re-installed the BCMS Vu server software, but still the same error.

Can someone help!!!!!!

Most problems I have had with BCMSvu were do to other applications running on the server. Make sure you are not running any other services or applications on your machine. Avaya states that it must be a dedicated server for it to work.

When do you get the error. Night Day any time? Any thing scheduled to run maintance wise- diskeeper etc?
-Jay

It is a dedicated machine for BCMS Vu. The error appears any time. It is random. No schedules to run maintenance.

Are you trying to run/view historical reports? Also, do you get the error when trying to use the scrollbar with the mouse?

We had the same problem for 2+ years. The only way we corrected it was installing BCMSvu on Windows2000 Professional SP2 with no additional software, and BCMSvu R2 v.2.0.0 Build 218.

It's a "poor programming" bug, and believe me, we've spent a LOT of money to fix this problem. Avaya finally stepped up to the plate and gave us a new release that supported Windows 2000. The ONLY thing that fixed it was Win2K SP2 and that specific BCMSvu release.

hth pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

This error appears when the server is idle. No reports are being run.

There's a R2 version 3.0 available now and it works fine on W2000.

I don't think your version is ever gonna work. We also had that error and tried everything but with no success. After the installation of R2 3.0 we never had any problems.

Call Avaya and see if yhey can help you. Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back