Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCMS Terminal Setup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

distcomp

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
Has anyone out there ever setup a BCMS terminal? I was handed on by a call center manager, but I don't even know where to plug it in. I am told that it used to be connected and working.

This is what I know:
Looks to be a VT-100 type terminal, connected to a data module. That is about it...

Any and all help appreciated :)

It's no different than the pbx admin terminal except the user is probably going to use a login with no pbx admin permissions (just bcms). Do a "list data mod" see if you can see which one was used by this terminal. Do a "status data mod XXXX" to try to find a disconnected one and narrow your search. Worst case, do an "add data next" and add a data mod with a type "pdm". Connect the data mod to the digital port (just as if it was a digital phone), connect the terminal to the rs232 of the data mod. List your hunt groups looking for a "netcon" hunt group. Do an "atdt" and the extension of the netcon hunt group on the terminal. You should get a pbx login prompt. That should be the end of your involvement. -CL

I did a a LIST DATA MOD and found no unused data modules. I did find that the call center manager's phone has the setting for data module set to Y, data extension set to 100, and data name set to BCMS 1. That sounds to me like he used to have the data module attached to his phone (6424D+).

How does that work? Do you just plug the data module into the AUX port on the phone? I have never done data modules that way, can it be done?

Am I on the right track???

You plug the data mod into the jack, the phone then plugs into the data mod on the port labeled "phone".

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back