Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCMS & Abandoned Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinak

Programmer
Jul 12, 2000
GB
Two questions that I havent been able to find a difinitive answer for - so I've come to real experts!
Call Centre setup.
VDN points to vector, vector does time of day etc then routes to skill,treatment etc - first step is wait 2 seconds hearing ringback.

1) if client hangsup during this time does bcms regard it as an abandoned call?

Also in vector is route to external number if no available agents in skill.

2) If client hangsup while waiting for external fullfilment company to answer, does bcms regard this as an abandoned call?

Thanks in advance.

Once the call is queued to the skill any caller that hangs up will show as an abandoned call. If you find a lot of calls hang up here I would suggest having ringback in the step before the queue-to skill statement.

I don't know how it reports on the VDN level but I know it doesn't report abandon calls accurately on the skill level. I've just compared one of my VDN reports from BCMS to a VDN CMS report and there is a difference in abandoned calls. Don't use BCMS to report if you have CMS. CMS will report more accurately.

Hi,

What is CMS. I do have a similar problem at one location.

Really hard to figure out where it could be wrong.

Thanks in Advance.

CMS is pretty much a database (seperate from the switch) where all historical call stats are located. It has its own terminal emulation where you can run reports off of including real-time. It also has a gui application called CentreVu that the call centers use to monitor their calls and run reports. CMS will hold data much longer than BCMS.

We dont have CMS - too expensive said the money men!

On the last switch I maintained there was a variable that determined whether an abandoned call would be registered as such for reporting purposes ie: if caller hangup within 'n' seconds then dont report it.

Is there any such variable for definity?

Thanks

I've learned that BCMS will report a call that is queued as an abandoned call even though it gets answered. It will not get reported as an abandoned call as long there are no calls holding.

I'm not sure about the abandoned timer you mentioned.

Thanks all for your responses.
Basically anyone who hangs up while vector is still processing then its an abandoned call - even tho its being flowed out - vector processing wont finish until call is answered.

Thanks Skara - will put a short ringback before queing the call, should pull the figure down a bit more.Trying to get to less than 1% abandoned rate - nearly there.

in my experence the abandonded calls that show up on a BCMS skill report are only calls that have been queued to the skill if you do a bcms vnd report

sorry got side tracked.
anyway....if you do a vdn report it will show calls abandoned b4 it get to a skill.

have a good easter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back