Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCMR connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech75

Vendor
Dec 4, 2004
US
I currenly have a S8500 R3.1 with 3 C-lans used for voicemail and Ip phones. Can I also use one of those for BCMR and if so how? Seems like you must have a dedicated C-lan to get the BCMR to work or can I share a link?
Any Ideas!

bcmr just logs in like an administrator. set up a login (think it needs to be super-user - maybe not). go to the ip-services page, and set up a port (5111 for example) for SAT. Use any C-LAN. Not like CMS where avaya insists on a dedicated link.

Yes, Avaya claims a 9.6k admin or cdr link added to an existing 9.6k cms link will saturate 100MB c-lan card. Definately don't do that or they wont be able to sell you another c-lan board! ;-)

-CL

I have no CMS links just 2 for IP phones and 1 for voicemail so technically i can use one of the ip phone c-lans to log the BCMR data. Thanks guys and I will try this in the AM and let you know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back