Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50r1 Restore & Update Patch question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubdub

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2012
GB
Hi,

I have a BCM50r1 that stopped working after a powercut. Solid red status LED and flashing green Power LED. Could not connect via any means.
I performed a level 1 reset and this has sort of brought it back to life. The Power LED is now Solid Green but the Status LED is still solid RED.

I've been trying to restore a backup that I made on the computer a few months back when the system was working fine. The problem is when I try the restore I get a "Rules deleted" error and the restore fails. I did a search and in a previous post it was suggested that the latest update patch is applied and this solved the problem for that person. Does anyone have the latest update patch for a r1 BCM50, or know where I can get one?

Thanks,

Have just performed a lvl2 reset and now both LEDs are solid green. So it would seem to indicate the system is working ok, but the restore is still getting the "Rules deleted" error

sorry to keep adding to this but in a bit of a hole at the moment.

Is there a way to determine which patches are contained within a backup file?

Loading the latest patch should do the trick.

Patches are available from vendors, often techs carry them on their laptops as well.
They can be large files.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks for the responses. By loading the latest patches and following some tips from firebirdscrambler the problem was resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back