Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM50e Operator Calls Fowarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegenerallee

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
I'm trying to track down how unanswered calls are going to the voicemail of someone instead of a general mailbox that everyone has access to. Basically, the issue is that someone's calling a location, hitting the BCM, and pressing 0 at which point it's going to an extension (I assume defined in the BCM). But I need to change the extension it goes to when the caller presses 0. How / where is this done? I feel like I've looked over the BCM plenty of times but haven't seen anything that stands out.

@curlycord: Thanks. I removed the extra extension from the employee's voicemail profile in Call Pilot so that it wouldn't be tied to his voicemail any longer. I checked the BCM's local Call Pilot configuration and the Auto Attendant section shows a listing for each of the active physical lines and they all point to extension 8159. But it's being reported to me that the calls are rolling over to 8160. When I at the active physical lines in Element Manager it shows the control set and prime set as 8160. Would this cause the calls to roll over to 8160 in the case that calls go unanswered?

Under each line - Prime to set? y or n
Means when no answer it will ring to the prime set based on the DRT timer.

At default the DN is the lowest ext# on the system.

This is useful if you are AA and the voicemail system fails, call would DRT to reception (the prime set).

I am not sure how you say AA shows each line pointing to AA.
It should be the Table/Attdnt pointing to the DN and the Lines are told which Table.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back